Re: Mtn. drive

---------

From: Ralph and Gretchen (schultz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 16:50:25 PDT

Linda,
    I always got hit with altitude sickness right away. Maybe I'm a
wimp. It is worse if you exert yourself, stand up too fast, or stay
overnight (because it always gives me insomnia). Some people are
affected even more seriously. I've read that you can take vitamin E
regularly before you travel to help with it.

Sharon:
We first moved to Colorado Springs in 1971. My parents had a cabin in
Chipita Park before the highway in the Pass was four-laned. I worked
for awhile at the Sun newspaper (!). Then to Woodland Park, then to
Dillon area in the 80s, then to Durango in late 80s, then back to
Colorado Springs in the early 90s. I subbed at most of the high schools
in C. Springs during our most recent stay. It has grown by leaps and
bounds, and that's one of the reasons we left.

E-mail me off list if you want to swap stories!

Gretchen

---