Mtn. drive was: Weather Forecast For Denver

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 18:46:28 PDT

Mountain driving ain't for sissies this time of year! Garden of the
Gods and Manitou Springs are about an hours drive also and all good
roads. I signed up for the tour but all tickets were taken. If you
haven't been to high altitude before plan to take at least a day to
acclimate yourself to the Mile High City. It is not easy for some
people to breath and takes a little getting used to. In the beginning
it can seem that you are really pulling for air.

Linda, How much of the day do you want to spend exploring?

Gretchen, Where in Colorado? I graduated from Colorado Springs High
School when there was only one HS in town. I think there are 17 high
schools now. Fantastic art classes there and the reason I became an
art teacher!

Sharon ~ NJ

On Monday, April 12, 2004, at 09:13 PM, Ralph and Gretchen wrote:

> Linda, (Anybody know of a good drive out into the Mts. while we are
> there if we rent a car for an afternoon?)
> I'm a former longtime resident of Colorado,  and I'm thinking that you
> might enjoy an afternoon jaunt up to Vail.  It may not be quite spring
> up there yet, but it's still a beautiful little town.  I'd also
> suggest Breckenridge, but ski season's over and I know that the shops
> all pretty much close down during "mud season".  It's over an hour's
> ride, west on Route 70, but beautiful even if you only get to
> Georgetown, another cool place.  I seem to remember there were some
> "Artsy" types living in Georgetown.
> Also, be aware of and prepared for any sudden snow storms - they can
> come up fast!  You may be going from 5,000+ feet in altitude to 9,000
> feet and it makes a big difference in the weather.  (And in how you
> feel if you're not used to the altitude)
> Hope this helps,
> Gretchen ---

---