Re: Weather Forecast For Denver

---------

From: Ralph and Gretchen (schultz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 18:13:33 PDT

Linda,
   (Anybody know of a good drive out into the Mts. while we are there if
we rent a car for an afternoon?)

I'm a former longtime resident of Colorado, and I'm thinking that you
might enjoy an afternoon jaunt up to Vail. It may not be quite spring
up there yet, but it's still a beautiful little town. I'd also suggest
Breckenridge, but ski season's over and I know that the shops all pretty
much close down during "mud season". It's over an hour's ride, west on
Route 70, but beautiful even if you only get to Georgetown, another cool
place. I seem to remember there were some "Artsy" types living in
Georgetown.

Also, be aware of and prepared for any sudden snow storms - they can
come up fast! You may be going from 5,000+ feet in altitude to 9,000
feet and it makes a big difference in the weather. (And in how you feel
if you're not used to the altitude)

Hope this helps,
Gretchen

---