Re: Weather forecast for Denver/clothes!

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 18:03:04 PDT

This weather report is from my high school classmate (Colorado Springs
HS) whose studio is near the convention center. I had asked her about
inversion because I am really looking forward to several days of good
mountain air and I know Denver sometimes has air quality problems. Her
response is below.

When I think of Denver I have a vision of my young grandfather on his
weekly trek on horseback from one side of Denver to the other. He
wrote home that Denver is so large it takes me all day to ride
horseback from one side to the other. He lived to see a modern Denver
and he would shake his head and repeat the horseback story ;<)

Sharon ~ NJ
Begin forwarded message:

> What to expect as far as weather goes when you're here - a little
> difficult
> to predict. In the last few weeks temps have ranged from low
> eighties to
> low twenties. It's snowed twice in the last few days but yesterday was
> beautiful. In other words, springtime in the rockies! The operative
> advice
> is dress in layers, and be prepared for anything. The air quality
> usually
> isn't bad at this time of year, but that too can change quickly if we
> have a
> temperature inversion which traps the particulates close to the ground
> because of our proximity to the mountains.
>
> Your conference DOES sound exciting. When you get that many creative
> people together good things are bound to happen.
>
> Jean

---