A living "Remington" - Bronze figure sculptor - Figure studies!

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 17:11:43 PDT

(Bud - this is the first I have announced you to Getty
list)

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

I have a living artist on board who is willing to
answer questions students may have about his work. I
got no takers on the other lists (yet)....his name is
Lawrence "Bud" Mayes. Bud has also joined Art4Peace to
see what kind of themes may interest his future buyers
(smile).

Right now he doesn't have a web site (other than
Picturetrails). I would make the PowerPoint for you (a
start of one). I would include a couple sculptures by
Remington for comparison (fair use). I posted many
Remington sites in the past.

I already have a lesson online you could use for a
unit... but of course others could be used:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/8figure.htm
Students could use clay - or air dry clay too.

Here are links to is work:
This is Elk Clan Dancer:
http://www.dollmaking.org/show-n-tell/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=2&pos=262
He sings to the Spirit in the Sky (Father Sky) and
holds elk horns.

Bear Dancer
http://www.dollmaking.org/show-n-tell/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=2&pos=263

The Falconer:
http://www.dollmaking.org/show-n-tell/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=2&pos=264

Danger on the Mongollan Rim:
http://www.dollmaking.org/show-n-tell/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=2&pos=260
http://www.dollmaking.org/show-n-tell/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=2&pos=259

We will Never Forget - 9/11 (I will share my student's
work for this):
http://www.dollmaking.org/show-n-tell/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=2&pos=258

I am finding all of these here:
http://www.dollmaking.org/show-n-tell/coppermine/

FIGURE STUDIES

Also...Bud has figure studies available - with more in
progress. If you are interested in figure sculpture at
all - check out these "must have" studies...more to
come.
http://www.picturetrail.com/budmayes

Let me know if you would like his images for a
PowerPoint - he has offered to send them to me...and
will answer a few questions. He is really a great guy!

Two list members are working with a unit with digital
artist James Lawrence - updates on that to come.

Warm Regards,

Judy Decker