NAEA Boston Convention - My wish

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 12:03:54 PDT

Pretty please one and all....

I am really considering shelling out the big bucks to
go NEXT year so I can meet a bunch of you... I won't
need hard copy handouts of anything...so I will always
wait to see if they have any left at the END of the
presentations....(smile)... I will be collecting more
email addresses - fishing for dynamite lesson
plans...I am even going to make little business cards
and take a stash of Mona Bucks to thank all I talk
to....

My wish?

Pretty please - don't bash presenters to the
list....Maybe I am the only one who doesn't like to
hear about your bad time and how awful the art
teachers were to their peers? I know there is a ton of
good there at the conventions...but when it is my
money? I don't want to risk the bad too. What makes
adults behave the way they do? And they complain about
their students?

I already know I will not need the free samples
offered - so I am not concerned about the vendors... I
will pass out my business card there too.....seeing
who would like to advertise on IAD...on lesson plans
and such.

Hope to see you all in NAEA...Anyone who doesn't want
to see me - just post a negative report for this year
and I will save my money....and again...I apologize
for venting to the list....but I can't remember who
the complainers are today.... I only talked with a few
folks who feel the same as I do...but they go anyways.
If a presenter doesn't do well? They will improve for
next year on their own.

NAEA Boston dates are on the NAEA web site.

All of you have fun this year! Say hello for me! Share
good ideas when you return...I will put on AID for
all.

Cheers!

Judy Decker