A Spring Greeting for All of You (and Fashion ideas!)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 07:58:24 PDT

Greetings all Art Educators and Dollmakers,

Scroll down if all you want is Fashion today....

Larry S. (from Getty list sent me a beautiful Spring
Greeting yesterday... I am passing just the message
onto you -- with my revisions.

The words are for ALL of us:
May the peace that this occasion brings between The
Great Creator and man be known and sensed throughout
your day, week, and months to come.

and from me:
....and may the Spirit of the Ancestors shine in your
home as they do in mine....ever day. (revised from my
friend Madafo)

I changed it to The Great Creator to bridge all
cultures.... My Art4Peace list serve is growing every
day. Here is my special invitation to join if you want
to see what is on my mind....You can get digest
version (pardon any duplicates you may get - some I
share with all art ed lists - the more listening the
merrier):

This is the web site:
and subscribe address:
Art4Peace-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

I ramble a lot there...I try to move the important
parts to the top of the emails. My rambles will be
used for two major artworks --printed onto hand made
papers and collaged. It is so much fun now to have a
purpose for my ramblings.

FASHION is coming to IAD....

Now the purpose for connecting these two
lists?...FASHION has come up on Getty list and who
better to help me brainstorm ideas? THE DOLLMAKERS!
But that is not one of "my obsessions' now...so more
on that this summer. I have a mini Getty group who are
interested. Look out world! There is a new fashion
look coming. Yes, textile design will be included,
too. Dollmakers don't start posting resources yet - I
won't have time to save them now.
But hint - hint- to art teachers listening - you can
always join my fun with the Dollmakers list. You will
find the best dressed FINE ART dolls in the
world....But exercise "caution", you will also find
some nudies. Now that I know there is an interest - I
will get those Barbie re-paint/re-dress links posted
(oops I mean fashion doll repaints)...soon.

Fun will come soon on this topic Getty folks.

Judy Decker

=====