Re: Weather forecast for Denver!

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 11 2004 - 22:13:47 PDT

lindwood@webtv.net wrote:
> I'm trying to get a handle on what kind of
> clothes to bring. If you can believe the long range forecast, it's
> supposed to be in the 60's while we are there. What luck!

Having lived at the same altitude as Denver for 19 years, all I can say
is: LAYERS. Springtime can be warm and sunny one day, sleeting the
next. I always think the meeting rooms are chilly, so I wear long
sleeves and a jacket or blazer. It could be quite cold at night waiting
for the bus to take you to Binney and Smith's bash. Most people dress
nicely for that. Otherwise, bring very comfortable clothing for dashing
to and sitting in workshops, as well as comfy shoes.

In the past we've posted packing suggestions for NAEA. Here are some of
my tips:

Don't forget a clipboard and writing implements. I can't tell you how
many people have appeared in my workshops without something to write
with, and complained because I didn't have any to loan.

A lot of people bring cameras to photograph the displays and examples of
work at the presentations.

Bring stick-on mailing labels for the countless raffle tickets you'll
fill out in the exhibit hall, as well as for putting yourself on mailing
lists.

Bring a good tote bag and a poster tube, as well as scissors and packing
tape. I usually have to pack a box with all the samples and things and
check it with my luggage.

Paper clips and a few file folders will help you stay organized.

If you're a presenter, and you're about to run out of handouts, save one
good copy and take it to the hotel's business center afterwards. Anyone
who'd like a copy of your handout can pay to have it copied at the
business center. Trust me, don't get into the racket of collecting
names and addresses and donations for copying and mailing handouts yourself.

Maggie

---