Model figure studies for figure sculpture

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 15:47:07 PDT

(Bud this is going out to about 900 art teachers, I
will let you know if I hear from anyone. Here is Tammy
Sullivan's email address tsullivan@saxarts.com
She is a member os this list)

Dear Getty ArtsEdNetters and Tammy Sullivan (from
Sax),

Lawrence "Bud" Mayes makes figure studies to aid in
sculpting. He is a bronze sculptor who has begun
recently sculpting dolls (Sculpy figures). These
models are cast in resin. I think these - plus hands,
noses, mouths and such would be a great aid to kids
who are into figure sculpting. Meeting folks like Bud
is one of the perks of being on the dollmakers' list.

Lawrence "Bud" Mayes
lmay@earthlink.net
http://www.picturetrail.com/budmayes

I know they would have helped me when I was in high
school. The is the only type sculptures I did - was
make figures and busts when I was in sculpture class.
(We had choice art ed back then). Just LOL my first
nude was done when I was in 7th grade (just a male
torso that stopped short at the right place - and no
arms). In 9th grade I make a male and female torso
(had better pictures to look at then- but my facial
features are not that good - and the hands need some
help - I still have those figures. Holding an ear
and/or a nose would have helped to see how to sculpt
it.

Let Bud know lmay@earthlink.net if you are interested
- prices are very reasonable. I do have them
somewhere....

Judy Decker

=====