Character Education - and Art4Peace info

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 12:32:02 PDT

Dear ArtsEDNetters AND Dollmakers,

I am setting two birds free with one post (I don't
like to say I am "killing birds"--smile). Character
Education is a big "passion" of mine - and dollmaking
can teach it in a big way. Melissa's dolls coming
soon...I know I keep saying that - I don't have the
lesson - just pictures.

When I have a message for Getty members, I will try to
share in online - This is about Character Education:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Art4Peace.htm

I have had Dollmakers ask me about Art4Peace. This is
an Art Ed list that ANTONE can join who believes that
art can eventually bring about world peace. It is a
nice dream to have....Don't you all think?

This is the web site:
and subscribe address:
Art4Peace-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
You can not be turned down... but you have to post
along the themes of the list - stay with your other
lists for product info.

My list just started and it is growing... You can
browse everything I had to say...I was talking to
myself mainly...but I did have one person listening
before I posted. Inkleined2Blue was there....plus I
sent them off list to many....to "hook them". Posts
from this list serve will become a work of
art...printed on hand made papers - collages to
plaster casts. Now I am thinking of using my son for
the model instead of me (and may make a clay model of
him too from the plaster?)...as in giving the world to
the next generation?...How well did our generation
take care of it? I need to go out and buy a world (a
cheap ball) first. I AM doing body casting with it so
hubby can see how to do it...in prep for our
"Primordial Couple" work of art - all about Creation
stories.

Thanks Pam, Teresa and James (Getty members) for
making my wheels spin. I am excited about making my
Invisible Art visible so I can write lesson plans to
go with them. (Blue Man Group -meets Yves Klein-meets
Georg Segal and "cast of other characters" and
cultures). Teresa and James do post to Getty what you
do with all of our help. Eventually I will have my
work done to thank Rachel too for the dollmaking
question....and I will have my witch marionette
repaired to thank Nicole for the Witches and wizard
question (big smile) - cause that brought me back to
the Dollmakers list once again....and they are full of
HUGS and smiles.

Judy Decker

=====