Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Special Needs kids

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 06:13:18 PDT

Patti wrote - The importance is with the process, not the product.
This is so true Patti, when I started doing arts & crafts with adult mentally retarded summer campers, I was dismayed to find the previous volunteers had used kits and clearly had tried really hard to have each person produce the same product. We had lots and lots more fun exploring beads and wire and holographic stickers and feathers and glitter...... It was messy but great.