Art4Peace - first meaningful topic -Indepentent Projects

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 06:21:26 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Today's first meaningful topic on Art4Peace is
Individual Projects that bring about thinking and
meaning. If we want to see change in the world - we
have to make the kids want it too. Apathy is catching
on too easily. When even parents of kids choose not
vote for - or against- school levies I am concerned.
Too many parents leave their children's education in
the hands of people who do not have children in
school. Some of these folks care about the future of
our communities more than others. We need a new
generation of CARING citizens. ART is the most
important subject in school to develop CARING
citizens....Let's put our head together and see
how....but you better have time to skim a few stories
now and then.

Thank you Randy - Sid - and Beth for showing this is
one good topic to begin discussing.

Judy Decker

P.S. My brother had never voted against a school levy
in his community - yet he paid tuition to send all
five kids to the Catholic schools. He values ALL
education. I suppose it helped that he lives in th
district of his alma mater.