JUDY'S NEW LIST!!! IT IS ART ED "List Soul Food"

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 18:08:44 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Alix, I will answer you for real -- but this is too
funny for words right now...

Jackie - Pam and others - I took YOUR advice finally!

I have started a new list serve for Art Education.
PLEASE do not leave the one you are on because you
will need that one too. I would recommend signing
up for mine only on digest form. That way you can see
all of topics for the day -- and choose to reply the
next day. My new list serve will be called
Art for Peace (Art4Peace@yahoogroups.com).
Of course you are all welcome to join to receive as
they are posted - I will be on digest myself - so will
not talk until the next day. I needed this to
have a "free" web log of what is on my mind. I didn't
feel it was right to put it on IAD (site is growing
already with your great ideas!).

Use my List Owner Address if a post offends you.... No
need to post when one offends you. It is my job as
list moderator to find out what the list member meant
then I will repost the message in terms for art
education. All are invited to join.... I am not
approving memberships first. I will personally write
to members who make posts that do not relate to our
goals of world peace and art education topics. I will
be looking for meaningful conversation (InKleind2Blue
- I finally did it!)

This is the web site:
or simply:

Here are my passions - "Judy's Togu Na" (House of
Words)

This is an Art Education list that only deals with
real important issues for the world. On this list we
will talk about many "passions". You are welcome
to join in. Save your product/supplies questions for
the other lists serves.

1. How to sneak in religion and not get caught.
Philosophy of religion IS part of the Art curriculum
and social studies curriculum. How do we teach without
offending?

2. Teaching for understanding of world cultures - ways
to spread peace?

3. Web sites of interest to bring the world closer
together....Sites that WILL allow you to use
photographs/art.

4. Values education (Character Education).

5. Symbolism and meaning behind the art.

5. Yes - Ceramics - Sculpture - Printmaking...and so
on...lessons that will teach our passions.

These will also be included (but of course these will
be posted to all groups).

1. Interdisciplinary activities will be included - Art
Across the Curriculum

2. Comprehensive Arts - dance - music - theatre/drama

Stay on your other lists for quick ideas and products
to choose. Of course all current list members are
invited are invited to join.

I will be making my first Art4Peace post soon...I will
Bcc to those who already said they are interested.

Judy Decker

=====