Altered Art and Altered Decks Lists

---------

From: Alix Peshette (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 09:46:41 PDT

Hi Ellen,
Here's the URL's to both Altered Art and ATC. Actually, I realized that the
real name of ATC is Altered Decks.

I find it useful to see how many messages a month are sent so that I can
figure out if I will be swamped with messages. Also, I like to read the
past messages to see what people are interested in.

A group for Altered Art Projects. Including, but not limited to: Altered
Barbies, Altered Games, Altered Books, Altered Compacts, Altered Shoes. NO
Comms. NO Flames. PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to join you are required to send
an introduction before participating in the group.

Altered decks. Altered cards. Art on a small scale. Art that fits in your
pocket. Some of us are just enchanted with smaller works of art.
Discussions about altered playing cards, post cards, tarot cards, artist
trading cards, greeting cards, etc. These are cards that are collaged,
painted, stamped, and altered in imaginative ways. Have a dose of something
artsy in miniature.

-Alix

I would love to find out more about :

> Altered Art: altering and making art out of everything from Barbies to
> Altoid tins, great ideas (some of which are do-able in the classroom) and
> fun spirit. Lots of fun trades. Great for those of us who long to make
> art,
> but don't have the time to do a body of work or anything large.
>
> ATC - artist trading cards, a good group for people who want to create
> small
> format art and do trades! I've received some awesome art in trade!

especially ATC -

thanks for sharing your soul food -

Ellen