socrates cafe

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (eheisey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 05:19:31 PDT

I was wondering if anyone uses ideas like Christopher Phillips does in
his books about Socrates Cafe?
I first read about him in Time magazine last week, and now am perusing
several of his books.
I love inquiry-based art lessons for my secondary students, and hope to
use his discussions more in class to develop ideas.
It almost seems like if I was teaching AP art or otherwise had students
pursuing themes for a longer time, his discussions would help students
to perceive themes developing. He encourages follow-through as well as
very young students' participation.
Beth

---