Re: Special Needs kids

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 12:23:05 PDT

Our special needs kids do really well with clay. Depending on their
level--some just come in and pound on it--their airds help them to build
projects--some can't build, but can paint on glazes. For some, just
being with regular kids and acting appropriately is the goal, so what
they do is secondary to being there. Weaving is a good activity if they
can do it. Sid

>>> Gail1611@aol.com 04/05/2004 8:42:13 PM >>>
I will be teaching art to 6 classes of special needs students from
ages
3-21. Most of these students have multiple handicaps and most come in
with an
aide for one on one or one aide per three students. Two of my classes
are in
their rooms and I am on a cart. Any ideas would be great! Many
thanks. Gail

---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu
---