Re: Motivation -STILL prismacolors on black paper.

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 14:34:01 PDT

Linda! Wow! You really ARE me (smiles). I love
prismacolors on black paper....Crayola metallic
pencils too (Mike - if you see this - I am doing the
metallic sample for radial design -- soon -- I just
need to quit talking....I'm worse than those middlers
of yours --giggle). I am still trying to get caught up
on old Getty mail.... I just posted this to the other
lists and lo and behold the topic is up on Getty too.
(I read Marcia's post before -- and now wheels are
turning) Getty folks I am trying to stay on topic.

Greetings all Art Educators,

Middle School Motivators came up on Getty list -- and
made it to the other lists. I really like these two
skill builder lessons that Sandy and Pam posted....Now
I am posting a challenge to take the project one step
further....Do the square or rectangle on black paper
(quality paper if you have it) - and extend the
composition using Primascolors and those crayola
metallic pencils....Here are two drawings I love that
I found (for your eyes only right now):
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/prisma.htm
I will find the name of the artist and share in a post
tomorrow. She is really a wonderful ceramics artist.
Patty Knott sent her to me.

Look how they even have the sheen of a magazine
image....They square or rectangle would be hard to
find (Michal's camouflage lesson). What if the new
scape becomes Surreal? If anyone takes the challenge
just post one image on IAD for us (send to me) - or
put on your own site.

Pam - I am doing this on purpose for you to share with
your student. I remember the lessons from last fall
(grin). "Stretch the lesson. What more can you do?" I
know middlers like fantasy and surreal....and
Impressionism/post Impressionism...another sample
coming soon (from me!). Help her add "heart" to the
lesson . The lesson is very good for head and hands (I
like to see heart too --smile)....I am not being
critical and you know that. (Note: Getty list didn't
get my hands - head - heart post about "What is art?"
- See St. Francis of Assisi)

Judy