RE: grog + clay and another question about clay

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 10:38:34 PDT

Jan-I believe grog is little ground-up pieces of firebrick that is added to provide room for expansion and contraction. I usually use a hole for hanging, as you do. If you use wire, it will need to be high-fire wire as anything else, like paper clips, will melt in the kiln. You could, however, make little grooves in the clay, then use E6000 or something to glue a paper clip or picture hanger on the back. Good luck. Linda in NC