Re: Egyptian knots -See Maggie's handout!

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 08:01:28 PDT

Oh folks...my unsubscribe email didn't work for a
reason....I have all of these "Fish" to feed, too
(grin -- fish is in a good way). I have a note on my
computer that says "FEED FISH" meaning my son's two
tropical catfish (I haven't forgotten them yet).

Maggie's Weaving Handout:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/weave.htm

The Egyptian Knot is also called:
Soumak--another traditional carpet technique (same as
the way Betty described it.

This is linked on Middle School Lesson Plans (right
with Bunkis weavig lesson)....Folks I have a cool
elementary idea to share soon.

As always...if you want my "ramblings" join Art
Education list. I have rambled too much on Getty list
(smile). To subscribe, send mail to:
art_education-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

We have had some very controversial subjects come
up...and two in one post! Grand! No debate was
intended - just reflection...and we got it! If you
want to reflect from time to time - come on over....My
posts are not intended to offend anyone - just to get
reflection. Post that are meant to offend are not
welcome on on any list -- but they do happen...and
they have made people leave (often not the person who
is intended though -- just LOL - I am still here!)

Judy Decker

P.S. Getty was originally a LAKE before it became The
Pond. So many thought I had some kind of control over
Getty list...Well, my middle name means "Lake" - so I
found humor in that....and Getty became of Lake of
Fishes (wisdom and knowledge is meaning of
fish)....and all fish were good and all fish were
treated equally....but that quit working for
me....especially when my favorite fish left the list.

--- Maggie White <mwhiteaz@cybertrails.com> wrote:
> Sara wrote:

> Judy put my weaving handouts on IAD some time ago;
> check to see if they're still there.
They weren't meant for completely independent work, as
some require explanation and demo'ing. But you can
still figure out some of the techniques from the
diagrams.

=====