explaining white

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 06:50:32 PDT

I, too, explain black and white in terms of both science (light) and art(pigment) because even high school kids get confused, especially when they take physical science, photography, and scientific visualization (computer stuff). I bring in a prism and pure pigment. I explain that pigment is solid coloring matter-it has weight and mass and can be held in their hands. Light cannot. However, I also go on to explain that, although white is not on the color wheel, in pigment study it is treated like a primary color because we cannot mix any others to create it-we must have white pigment. Linda in NC

This email is for the sole use of the individual for whom it is intended. If you are neither the intended recipient, nor agent responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, any disclosure, retransmission, copying, or taking action in reliance on this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the person transmitting the information immediately. All email correspondence to and from this email address may be subject to NC Public Records Law which may result in monitoring and disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement."
Outbound by GCSnet (b37)

---