(USA members) Today is Palm Sunday (testing Getty list)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 04 2004 - 07:23:10 PDT

(Do not take offense anyone -- this is for USA folks
who are as concerned as I am. I am just "testing Getty
list right now. I noticed the archives are no longer
current. Just ignore this "test"...and pardon me if
you read it and find it "goofy" - that should cover
all the bases now).

Dear Art Educators,

YOU are the ones that can get the concept of God/Gods
across to kids. Religion/beliefs/values ARE part of
YOUR curriculum. EVERY one has a right to choose - and
it is good to let kids know what some of those choices
in the world are - that is called "education" and
"knowledge".

"One Nation Under God with Liberty and Justice for
ALL". I am ONE person having a voice.....and I like
the sound of that...."One Nation under George with
Liberty and Justice for all who think like George"
doesn't work for me. I am allowed to think like this
today - this is my church. I am conserving gas by
staying home as my physical church is thirty
miles away (besides hubby has my vehicle). The Lord is
in this house (meaning of the German word church)-so I
am OK.

Now....George is supposed to be "farmer,
earthworker"...However our George thinks he is the
dragon slayer
(http://www.behindthename.com/nm/g.html)and it is his
job to slay all of the dragons in the world....and
that concerns me right now. ONLY in American can we
speak like this about our leaders..... I do like all
of my freedoms today. I will continue to say "One
Nation Under God" - EVEN if they take that part out -
because that is MY freedom. (George, I apologize if
what I say offends you. Your statement in 2000 that
Schools are not to give hope for the future offended
me - so now we are even. Schools are the one place
that ALL kids go and they must give "hope")

What's the W stand for again? I forget..... Maybe he
is living that name?

I do LIKE the sound of "One Nation Under John with
Liberty and Justice for ALL"......After all John means
"YAHWEH is gracious"....and John and I are
"related" (John = Johannes = Joan....LOL. Johannes was
my great great grandfather - who changed his name to
John. There were a few John Richers).

Pardon my "political" post....and please take no
offense - none intended. Give me all you "anti John"
forwarded emails and I twist them around to a
positive. I would be a good political spin doctor
(grin).

Oh - by the way - this wil be in my chapter on "I'm OK
- What's Up With You?" and/or my chapter on "Teaching
Religion in Art" depends on which book you read. EVERY
post I make to Getty now is part of MY BOOK.

A chilly Sunday today in Lima,

Cheers!

Judy