Re: A note from Your DisneyHand Teacher Honoree 2004

---------

From: Peggy Woolsey (eoolspeg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 03 2004 - 18:18:34 PST

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the DisneyHand Teacher Honoree
of the Year award? Does this have to do with Disneyworld in Orlando? Or
is it connected to the Disney media corporation? Is Disney into
education? What are the awards based on? I can think of no education
awards here in Canada that do not involve provincial or federal input,
so I am curious how these work. Do teachers generally know about the
awards, and do they have to do anything connected to Disney to get
them? Just wondering. Thanks
Peggy
On Saturday, April 3, 2004, at 11:34 AM, ARTNSOUL12@aol.com wrote:

> Thank you all for your congratulations and best wishes!!!  In my
> excitement, I didn't use the correct title- DisneyHand Teacher Honoree
> of the Year- one of 39, not 40, as I said in my previous e-mail.  I
> have just learned that of the 39, there will be four Honorees as
> Elementary Teacher of the Year, Middle School Teacher of the Year,
> High School Teacher of the Year, and Outstanding Teacher of the Year.
> So, there's a lot more to go, and prizes to win.  My goal in sharing
> this with you is that I don't to give any misinformation.
>
> I honestly feel that I am accepting this award for ALL the visual arts
> teachers across the country who are trying to restore the RESPECT that
> art should have in our schools(society) today.  We need to elevate the
> "it's just art" attitude that is sadly and frightenly still prevelant
> in many of our schools today.  Please, for all of you who work so hard
> at teaching art, consider this an inspiration for you that teaching
> visual art is important- valued enough to be validated with an
> award!  (Maybe I should say this in my speech-LOL- because it's really
> how I feel in my heart!)
> Susan on Long Island
> ---
> leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu