Re: Disney Teacher of the Year -It's Me!

---------

From: Geoffrey McClain (skygeoff_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 16:39:25 PST

Dear Susan,
I'm so happy for you. And of course, you deserve it!
Congratulations!
Sky in NJ

    I'm soooo excited to represent The Arts as one of 40 finalists in Disney's Teachers of the Year 2004. I will be accepting $10,000 for myself and $5,000 for my school as part of the DisneyHand Award! The prize also includes a trip to California for a week this summer where a gala in our honor is held and televised. Then, another week trip in October to Orlando...I absolutely can't believe it. The woman who called me from Disney to announce the news said that over 10,000 persons applied in all subjects -very strong applications in the Arts, and they cut it down to 40, so I feel so lucky! I understand that the Orlando trip includes professional development seminars, so I'll share any tips with all of you.
    Susan on Long Island

---