Re: motivation-- middle school (specifically color mixing)

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 15:07:41 PST

Boy do kids love color mixing. I notice it in kindergarten. Whenever we
paint, students seem more interested in what color the water will turn next
when they rinse their brushes. Oh, and they do love to name the colors. I
hear things like, "This looks like my mother's lipstick," and, of course,
"Ours is chocolate milk!" I did Linda Wood's "Room with a View" with my
third graders and they absolutely LOVED mixing designer colors for their
walls and furniture. One third grade boy was painting his papier mache mask
today, and he was dipping his fingers in different colors and just mixing
away. It was inspiring to see because often this particular boy doesn't get
too excited about art. He had a great time today!

Leah