Egyptian knot!

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 14:25:43 PST

we had inservice today or I'd have answered sooner, an Egyptian Knot, according to our textbook, is simply looping once around each warp thread with the yarn, rather than going over or under. If you do a series of rows like this consistently, it looks like corduroy, and results in a stretchy cloth. I had found that every semester I'll have a child who might get the concept of over-under for stitches, but continually does every row identically. Doing egyptian knot gives them a successful project without it looking too "different". It also looks great as a change of texture within a regular weave. Betty

---