Oops Excuse me....and Art Ed - Our future is in YOUR Hands

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 12:42:56 PST

Shame on me...

That last post from me was just for Jan...who has been
a big contributor to IAD. I still have great stuff
from her to add. My apologies to all for sending a
personal note the list.

I am back now - and have hundreds of messages to get
caught up on!

On the funny side...I have "fired" myself on my
"crusade" to "save the world" - I am turning that job
over to ALL OF YOU. YOU have the power to change how
people view art education and its importance. I will
be sharing some funny stories with just a few list
friends on just how important ART is and that it can
do what NO other subject can.
If you don't get it across to those kiddies that art
is the most important subject in school, who will?
Certainly NOT our supers, principals and coworkers.
Certainly NOT the taxpayers.....Certainly not the
parents....and OF course NOT the Government....It has
to come from YOU. Art is the most important subject in
school and YOU are the only one who get make those
kiddies believe that. Long live ART and our hopes for
world peace. I can still wish for it (smile). Dream
can come true some day.

Now you do YOUR job. My new job is to make a little
art....maintain two web sites....write a little in my
book....read a little....and help my friends now and
then...I think this is a job I can handle (grin).

And shame on me...Right now I am praying with all my
heart that YOU can do YOUR job to save art in our
schools....for the good of our country and the world.

Cheers!

Judy Decker