RE: JAN! YOU are ME! tissue paper mache + Chihuly

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 12:39:45 PST

Well, I needed to know this afternoon. Instead we'll do countour drawing and end up with a Calder style head portrait of themselves. Then they'll do one of their Moms and we'll bind them together and they can stand on a talbe like a double foto frame. _ Mother's day si coming. DOn't know how well it'll work but we'll give it a whirl. I loved somebody's idea of using rice paper. It probably is translucent. Wow. How elegant. Anyway, Chihuly can wait till we get the child/Mom Calder thing done. I made upthe whole gallon of Ross stuff< but I'll do the glue and H20 because the Ross paste dried and you're right -it's not sturdy enuf.
Jan