JAN! YOU are ME! tissue paper mache + Chihuly

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 12:15:17 PST

Like minds darling!

I thought of this exact same project!!! Using Balloons
and tissue paper. I don't know if Ross would be stiff
enough. Try the Elmer's Glue and water. I think the
Flour method would dry too cloudy. Add fine wire to
the top edge of the paper mache - right along with the
final layers - that way you can wave the top edge. Al
so try doing the inside of a big bowl (Vaseline the
bowl first). I have some old telephone wire that has
paper wrapping. I was going to try that. How soo do
you need to know? I'd LOVE to play with this and ship
you the finished sample. I'd like to play with making
a plant too. Using tissue paper an wire. I think
casting neat shells would be fun as well - although I
no longer have my shells collection....Jan - you just
might get a freeby from me yet for all of the great
things you are doing with kids.

I have wanted to try this project for about three
years now.

Blessings!

Judy