Re: tissue paper mache + Chihuly

---------

TwoDucks_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 08:12:06 PST

In a message dated 4/2/2004 10:16:44 AM Eastern Standard Time, hillmjan@Berkeleyprep.org writes:

> Ross' Art Paste and tissue paper. That way, I'm thinking
> we'd get a glow similar to glass.
Jan, that has my mind spinning! Just the idea of it sounds so lovely (and would I love to see that exhibit.) Isn't there some way that string is dipped in sticky stuff and wrapped around balloons? then when dry the balloon pops and the string retains shape? Could tissue be added to this, i wonder, and be a hanging piece, like some of chihuly's? or perhaps wire sculpture with tissue added? Let me know what you end of doing in any case. it is intriguing, to use light as one of the art media...
kathy d.

---