RE: Critiques from another grade level

---------

From: Christy Kane (claygoddess31_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 04:54:11 PST

I think having the students critique the work is an excellent way to get
them back on track. Yes, they may have been "stung" at first, but this
wasn't a punishment was it? It was a way to get them to look at the art
work, think about their own work, and how they could improve it. Did you
get any negative feed back from anyone else besides the boy who destroyed
his painting? I think he may have been on overload. I've had middle school
and 9th graders do the same thing when they just didn't know where to go
next, and for whatever reasons wouldn't ask for help.

Christy Kane
3-D Art Teacher
Deer Lakes High School
Russellton, PA 15076