need some advice please: subject graffiti

---------

From: lia (johns392_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 22:30:38 PST

I have just be summoned to a high school social studies class....for one or
two periods to work with them on ideas for graffiti. I don't know these
kids...and it isn't an art class..... My task is to help them come up with
visually strong ideas for graffiti that they will actually paint onto
desks. It is this coming Monday and Tuesday...I just found out
today. This teacher got a grant to do this...and it is a very cool
idea...and I would like to help them be successful.

Any hints, clues about what information to give them in 30 minutes about
graffiti design would be welcome. If you have done this before...you know
more of the pitfalls than I do.....the teacher is dealing with the paint
issues.... [though if you know something there that would be helpful
also]so I am mostly interested in how to help them with ideas,
layout...etc. Perhaps some rough criteria....? I greatly appreciate any
tips! lia