Official Closing

---------

From: Dennis Golombek (dennis_golombek_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 12:31:36 PST

Our school board voted last night to close my middle school at then of June
and send our present 6th and 7th graders over to the other middle school as
7th and 8th graders. With a possible N.Y. State retirement incentive in the
offing it is difficult to determine how many teachers might be let go or
"excessed." The New York State budget was for the 20th consecutive year not
in place today as it should be but if the incentive is not put in by the end
of the schol year it is possible that as many as 60 teachers may be gone.

As the senior art teacher in the district I will still have a job,
thankfully. Yet it is the students, always the students who get shorted. We
are also working without a contract.

Dennis

<DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#003300>Dennis Golombek </FONT></DIV><FONT
color=#003300>Lowry Middle School </FONT>
<DIV></DIV><FONT color=#003300>North Tonawanda, NY </FONT>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#003300></FONT></DIV><FONT
color=#003300>http://www.dgolombek.net
<HR>
</FONT></DIV></DIV></html>