Re: egyptian knots

---------

From: Holly Kingman (baaaramu_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 11:14:44 PST

I would also like to know about Egyptian knots.
Thanks!
Holly

Sara <sarawren@houston.rr.com> wrote:

Betty and OTHERS

What are egyptian knots?

I have looked on the web.

Can you share any handouts on weaving techniques?

Thanks
Sara

Linda, weaving drawstring bags is the easiest project (for me) of the year.
They weave and visit once they get the hang of it, for almost 3 weeks. I
require they include three or four patterns - joining a color, vertical
stripes, blending from one color to another gradually, and for extra
points,
egyptian knots. I have a sample loom with those on them then can study. We
have fun the first day talking about where cloth comes from, check to see
who is wearing an actual denim weave, (and usually end up look at each
other's labels to see if anybody is wearing anything made in the US).