egyptian knots

---------

From: Sara (sarawren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 10:57:53 PST

Betty and OTHERS

What are egyptian knots?

I have looked on the web.

Can you share any handouts on weaving techniques?

Thanks
Sara

Linda, weaving drawstring bags is the easiest project (for me) of the year.
They weave and visit once they get the hang of it, for almost 3 weeks. I
 require they include three or four patterns - joining a color, vertical
 stripes, blending from one color to another gradually, and for extra
points,
 egyptian knots. I have a sample loom with those on them then can study. We
 have fun the first day talking about where cloth comes from, check to see
 who is wearing an actual denim weave, (and usually end up look at each
 other's labels to see if anybody is wearing anything made in the US).

---