RE: Alternate project as a consequence for misbehavior

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 10:00:19 PST

In my previous school we were offered the option of sending the disruptive student to a nearby classroom. They went away for the rest of the class period, along with their work, which was to be completed during that time. Of course, I picked the strictest teacher or one of a grade level as far away as possible from the student who is not cooperating. This seemed to work pretty well (elementary level). The teacher who got the student was usually unhappy about being interrupted, which was a 'new concept' to the same uncooperative student.
Jan

I can't send kids to the principal's office at all. It is a never-do.

I can send them to the vice-principal's office IF there is a discipline (as in disruptive behavior) problem I haven't been able to solve through detentions and parental contact, or if there is physical violence. There is no way I could send them for a kid not doing work without being reprimanded for it.

---