Re: motivation-- middle school

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 05:50:20 PST

Linda, weaving drawstring bags is the easiest project (for me) of the year.
They weave and visit once they get the hang of it, for almost 3 weeks. I
require they include three or four patterns - joining a color, vertical
stripes, blending from one color to another gradually, and for extra points,
egyptian knots. I have a sample loom with those on them then can study. We
have fun the first day talking about where cloth comes from, check to see
who is wearing an actual denim weave, (and usually end up look at each
other's labels to see if anybody is wearing anything made in the US).

I'm also a full-time mom caregiver and the only kid in the state, so I know
what you're talking about. There is no acceptable assisted living situation
in this area, so it's me! She turns 86 in May. It is hard and you must have
a break when you can, so anything you have to do to go on a trip will be
worth it. My mom just got back from 3 weeks in Ohio and boy I needed that
time! my first break in 18 months.

---