Re: Egyptian Lessons

---------

From: Ray Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 18:39:12 PDT

Hi,
We made our mummies out of potatoes for heads and oranges for bodies
wired together. They scoop the insides out of the orange and fill them
with baking soda and salt, then cover them with more and let them
mummify for a month or so- then wrap them. Our mummy cases were paper
mache-
I used the lesson at this link for my basic mummy instructions- but
modified as I went.
http://www.neferchichi.com/fruity.html
The book Mummies Made in Egypt by Aliki is great for information and
pictures.
Heather

LeAnn Escoffre wrote:

>I am teaching an expoloratory art class which is 4 weeks long and I am
>intersted in making mummies with the kids. I have 7th graders. I thought we
>could make mummies and put them in a sarcophagus (sp?) etc. Any ideas or
>tips?
>
>LeAnn
>

>---

---