Re: ERIC Database Info - Save ERIC

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 17:23:00 PDT

Someone has certainly gone to a lot of trouble if it isn't true.....

http://teachers.net/mentors/librarians/topic980/4.18.03.10.22.17.html

http://www.lib.msu.edu/corby/education/eric/clearinghouse.htm

http://www.saveeric.org/

http://www.saveeric.org/flyer.htm (don't try to open the draft link - it doesn't work - there is some kind of virus on the draft)

http://www.vote-smart.org/

http://www.saveeric.org/letter.htm
  I wonder if this one is a hoax, like the NPR and PBS one? Hope so.

  Rick <rlarson@tls.net> wrote:
    I got this on another list.
    <<<<<
    The impending loss of the ERIC system (they're saying it will remain,
    but actually there will be little of it left) would be a huge step
    backwards for educators who rely upon the system to keep up to date on
    current information, trends and research in the field of education.
    Please read and act asap: (Note the fax # for Education Secretary
    Paige.)

---