Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Vietnamese Water Puppets

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 13:51:36 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I am taking some more time to browse the site I posted earlier. Now I just
have to have one of the antique water puppets (maybe a fish for Christmas? -

Here is more information on Vietnamese Water Puppets (no images): (a few images) (one image) (some images) (one image) (Book The Water Puppets
by Clive Gifford)

Lesson plan (lino cut lesson based on water Puppets - see notes)

I can see many opportunities for a lesson....maybe some paper mache puppets
painted with acrylics - then clear coated with gloss medium to water proof.
Your puppets wouldn't have to be used on water.

If anyone takes off with the lesson on art/folk art of Viet Nam - Please
post to the list. I want to put your lesson on Incredible Art Department.
Take a look at the other art and folk art on this site I will add links from my site on (give me
some time before you check for the link):

I am not selling art here- just ideas (smile).

Judy Decker