Re: Clay help????!!!!

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 08:46:02 PDT

   When I did this, we wrapped the cans , including base, in wax paper and
taped the edges down tight and folded the top edge into the can. As soon as
the students finished molding the clay, the can was easily removed and the
wax paper could be removed when the clay was dry. Make sure the walls of
clay do not go clear to the top of the can. Allow a little rim for grabbing
the can with the fingers.

           Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
           Art teacher, K-5, retired

I read on someone's post that they covered cans with air dry clay and cut
into the sides to create empty spaces for a candle's light to shine through.
I tried this yesterday with middle schoolers with cans and glass bottles.

---