Re: Clay help????!!!!

---------

From: Amy (ashapley_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 07:44:20 PDT

on 4/30/03 9:34 AM, Bruthrobson@aol.com at Bruthrobson@aol.com wrote:

I read on someone's post that they covered cans with air dry clay and cut
into the sides to create empty spaces for a candle's light to shine through.
I tried this yesterday with middle schoolers with cans and glass bottles.
I woke up in a cold sweat wondering if I will go in tomorrow and not be able
to slip the clay off of the containers.
Any suggestions? I don't want an angry mob.
Should we have left them on the bottles? We used claycrete mixed with
water which resembles slab when wet so it wouldn't have come off w/out
losing it's shape.
Should we have put vaseline or pam cooking spray on the bottles?
I would love some input FAST! ---

i did that. not sure if you read it from me, or not. we always put paper
towels and then waxed paper around then (i used pringles cans) and then
they slipped out queite easily. did you cover that cans at all?

--
Amy...an art teacher in Kansas City
---