Re: sub lesson grades 1-4

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 03:54:05 PDT

artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:
>grade 2 and 3: draw circles on a paper, draw vertical lines on the paper
>(through the circles) use 2 different colored markers....color the
>background (for example) pink and the circle (or the half circle) green in
>one stripe, color the background green and the circle pink in the next
>stripe. this is easy and clean and can be finished in about 40 minutes.
 The first time I saw this lesson with the circles and lines, I thought it
sounded perfect and put it in my sub folder, but I have since found that it is
not all that easy. It ends up taking my 4th graders two to three 45 minute
classes.

A sub lesson I like to leave for little guys K and 1 (after students are well
versed in the procedure for it) is modeling clay with about 10 popsicle sticks
for each students. The students try to build standing structures.

Another good source for sub lessons is www.kinderart.com
the lessons there are very thoroughly explained and many are 1 period lessons.

http://www.kinderart.com/drawing/
http://www.kinderart.com/arthistory/abstractflowers.shtml

susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---