Re: sub lesson grades 1-4

---------

From: Amy (ashapley_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 21:44:11 PDT

grade 1: draw clown faces with oil pastels...white face and add make up. i
do these on black paper then "frame them by gluing them to a bigger piece of
bright paper and then have the kids draw a border on that.

grade 2 and 3: draw circles on a paper, draw vertical lines on the paper
(through the circles) use 2 different colored markers....color the
background (for example) pink and the circle (or the half circle) green in
one stripe, color the background green and the circle pink in the next
stripe. this is easy and clean and can be finished in about 40 minutes.

grade 4: draw a party from a mouse's point of view....draw all of the people
feet only, with the legs and the rest of the body being so tall they come
off the paper before they become anything more than legs. i use this to
teach vertical perspective (i.e. if the bottom of an object is higher than
the bttom of something else, it is farther away)

these are weird ways to explain these...too short...my lesson plans are at
school.

hope this helps

--
Amy....an art teacher in Kansas City