Re: granite and marble pieces

---------

From: Ray Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 19:45:12 PDT

When my 6th graders were studying Egypt, I got a broken slab of
limestone (I think) and some broken light colored marble. We used
ordinary markers, mostly fine line ones, to draw pictures similar to the
paintings on the tomb walls. We had already done paper mache mummy cases
and made mummies of oranges and potatoes and the fragments of the tomb
paintings were a great closing activity. The limestone wasn't highly
polished, and I had them use the duller side of the marble, and the
marker worked fine. Our pieces were also thinner- approx. one inch, like
countertop material. I put a quick coat of acrylic spray on them to
seal them- the kids loved it; they acted like they had made real treasures.
Heather

Jerry & Mary B wrote:

> Hi all
> I have access to lots of polished granite and marbles pieces

---