Re: granite and marble pieces

---------

From: Erick and Marcy Saoud (saoud_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 19:08:03 PDT

The granite would be great for petroglyphs! They are
made by striking the rock many times to knock away the
patina in a pattern, unlike pictographs, which are made
by drawing on the rocks. There is an artist here in
Arizona that I have seen do a demonstration with fourth
graders on petroglyphs, during which time they learned
the importance of original petroglyphs and how to
preserve them. I unfortunately cannot remember his
name. I will have to dig for it.