Elementary - high school technology teacher/lessons

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 18:40:52 PDT

A while back someone was looking for lessons using Kid-Pix and other
elementary software. I just ran across Nancy in my files:
Nancy Sojka mailto: nsojka@n-winn.k12.ia.us
Technology and Art Teacher
Iowa

from her message to me:

>>I have adapted many regular art lessons to the computers, using a variety
of software. My elementary students love "Kid Pix" and "Art Explorer." They
have also been using "Thinkin' Things"
and "KidWorks" and "Bricks". I have used "HyperStudio"and "Typestyler" with
upper elementary and Middle School. The high school kids think they like
those programs until the get the knack of more sophisticated programs:
design and illustration in "ColorIt!,"
photo manipulation in "Photoshop" and html in "Pagemill".

It wouldn't hurt to email Nancy to see if she can share some her plans with
you. Of course, I have emailed her for plans to post to IAD.

Judy Decker

---