mosaic ideas?

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 18:06:27 PDT

Hey guys- we just finished finishing our attic and it has a bench of sorts that encloses the ductwork- does that make sense? Anyway, it is covered by mdf board right now, but I would like to mosaic it. It is about 20 ft long and 3 ft wide. I have some white tiles that I can break and some black mirrored glass from broken windows, but other than that I'll have to beg for scraps from tile places or buy some to have enough for the project, and I don't want to spend much money if I can help it. I already have the adhesive and grout. Any ideas for a pattern or image? I think stripes on a slight diagonal would probably be best because I would only need about three feet of the same color and if I was working with scrap pieces I would be less likely to run out. Any suggestions? Am I crazy for attempting a mosaic project this large? My husband thinks it will take me years. Jayna