Re: Ukita Elementary School - Tokyo, Japan

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 18:00:08 PDT

WOW!!!

Judy Decker <jdecker@woh.rr.com> wrote:Dear Art Educators,

I would like to invite you to visit Makio Kawashima's
site - Student Art Museum at Ukita Elementary.
http://academic2.plala.or.jp/edo34s/gallery.html
You do not need to install the Japanese characters to enjoy the site.
Ukita Art Museum is a virtual gallery for children in the Japan World to
display their work..

Be sure to visit the self portraits:
http://ukitasho.hp.infoseek.co.jp/portrait.htm

I have links to Makio's site on Incredible Art Department.

He also has a lesson plan page with helpful links (you will find some of our
favorites there, too).
http://www006.upp.so-net.ne.jp/artcommunal/lessonplans.htm

I have a strong feeling Makio would be interested in a cultural exchange. I
have "talked" to Makio before about this. If you are interested in "talking"
with Makio - email: kawama@js4.so-net.ne.jp

One of the perks of being Webmaster for Incredible Art Department is this
opportunity to "meet" art teachers all over the world.

Judy Decker

P.S. for Makio: Could I select some of your lessons to put on Incredible Art
Department? I would like for you to see the self portraits that Gina Grant's
students did in Melbourne Australia:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Teachers/ggrant.htm

I would also like to invite you to join our education forum
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/Talk/index.html. I think you have a lot to
offer.