Re: block printing ideas- rubber blocks

---------

From: Sue Stewart (Sue_Stewart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 11:27:24 PDT

"ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu> writes:
>The blocks are sold as Soft-Kut printing blocks, and probably other
>brands, and
>will be in many catalogs with the linoleum blocks. Or in art supply
>stores on
>the block printing aisle.

Nasco sells this material in big sheets that can be cut on a band saw or
with another cutting tool. Buying the big sheets is MUCH cheaper if you
can find a way to cut them. I limit my students to 4 by 6 inch size and
get good results - we buy the thicker kind so they get two prints from
each block - one on each side.
Sue E. Stewart
Sumner High School

---