RE: Student helpers

---------

Renee.Berg_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 06:34:06 PDT

At our high school we have a "World of Work" program for seniors, they pick an area of vocational interest and are placed somewhere in the community for the afternoon every other day. I've had 3. The principal and I interviewed them before we OK the placement. One student was awesome, she read my mind, she just knew what I needed done and was great with the kids. I did not want to let her go. The other I fired by the end of 1 week. Screen them and if it doesn't work, get rid of them. It should be a good experience for everyone, the teacher, the teen and the students.
Renee

Renee Berg
6th,7th Art and 8th grade Art Tech
Mitchell Public Schools